The making of…
Embody began with the recognition of a previously unsolved problem: the lack of physical harmony between people and their technology. Spending too much time sitting in front of our laptops or staring at our tablets, moving nothing but our fingers, can make us stiff and tired because our bodies are made to move. With Embody, designers Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber set out to solve this problem.
More than 30 physicians and PhDs in the fields of biomechanics, vision, physical therapy, and ergonomics contributed their expertise to help guide the development
of this chair. As a result, Embody has set a new benchmark for pressure distribution, natural alignment, and support for healthy movement in ergonomic seating.
You feel Embody’s Pixelated Support™ the moment you sit down – a sense that you are floating, yet perfectly balanced. Thanks to a dynamic matrix of pixels, Embody’s seat and back surfaces automatically conform to your body’s micro-movements, distributing your weight evenly as you sit. This reduces pressure and encourages movement, both of which are key to maintaining healthy circulation and focus. Embody’s back is designed like yours, with a central spine and flexible ribs. The Backfit™ adjustment allows you to position the backrest in line with your spine’s natural curve, so you achieve a neutral, balanced posture. Once the chair is tuned to fit you, the backrest adapts to your movement, adjusting automatically to your shifting positions. Whether you lean forward or recline, support remains constant.
- Flexible polymer material and an open structure allow optimal air circulation.
- Breathable textile fabric provides thermal comfort.
- A combination of support layers in Embody’s seat work together to reduce seated pressure. These layers were designed to allow for airflow, keeping you cool and comfortable as you sit.
- The frameless backrest and seat do not restrict the blood flow.
- 42% recycled material
- ûp to 95% recyclable
- Cradle-to-Cradle silver certified